The African American Composer Initiative 2022 concerts have been postponed due to COVID safety considerations. We hope to reschedule for later this year.
Click on a date below to view the program from that concert. You may then click on a composition name to view video of that performance.
- January 2020: Hold Fast to Dreams
- October 2019: Tawawa House Opera Concert Performance
- January 2019: Where Freedom Rings: A 10th Anniversary Concert Celebrating the Music of African American Composers
- January 2018: Out of the Blues: The Gift of Song
- January 2017: Let the Knowing Speak
- January 2016: A Musical Celebration of Valerie Capers
- January 2015: Walk Together: A Musical Tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr, and the 50th Anniversary of the Voting Rights Act of 1965
- January 2014: Let Freedom Ring: The Resounding Music of African American Composers
- January 2013: Music of African American Composers: The Story Retold
- January 2012: A Musical Sojourn: Two Hundred Years of Music by African American Women and Men
- January 2011: Music by African American Composers: Yesterday and Today
- January 2010: A Concert in Tribute to African American Composers
- January 2009: Palo Alto Performances (program only, no video)